Tossing Yee Sang (2)

Tossing Yue Sang (1) - It's all about tossing yue sang and there are 6 steps which are the norm to be followed..

On the first day of the new year, my sister called me that she had booked two tables for tossing yue sang. I agreed to that and she suggested that we tossed the yee sang according to the six steps. I answered, "Why not?"

So on the second day, we went to Flemington Hotel for our lunch. We were required to pour those ingredients on our own. So both my sister and I took charge..

Here's the yee sang..


First I arranged the salmon and pressed the lime onto it..


Then, I poured the pepper/5-spices powder onto it..


Finally, I poured the plum sauce onto it..


The yee sang was ready to be tossed..


Chanted 8 auspicious phrases..


Last but not least, everyone said, "Kong Hei Fatt Choy!"


Nicely tossed and we finished it in no time..

Yummy!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!


Comments

  1. We do not really go into this tradition here - probably Cantonese...though we do find people doing that here and there sometimes. Not my favourite either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loh ahhhhhhhhh loh ahhhhhhhhhh..pol pol koe seng, fatt tai choy - (Canto).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou sang for good health and prosperity!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good health & prosperity!



    Warm Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you & to your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've tossed 2 times so far.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Wenn.. All will be "fatt tatt" this year!!! Enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had mine yesterday with family - the exact routine as observed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Yee Sang I had was sweet. Was it supposed to be sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gong Hey Fat Choy!! I have my Yee Sang Toss last night :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog