CNY Day 4

Quickly prepared lunch as I would be out for my dental appointment. A friend wanted to visit me and I told him that I would be out at 10.30am. I finished cooking at 9.30am. Quickly took a bath and my friend came at 9.45am..

my plate of long beans with minced meat rice

We chit-chatted about his job and stay in Kucing.
Before he left at 10.30am, I gave him some goodies and an ang pow too..
He gave me some goodies from Kucing too.



My dental appointment was at 11am. I brought along some oranges and groundnuts for my dentist. Did scaling and also filled up two minor cavities and refilled a molar's old fillings with white cement. I have a space between my two molars and she suggested that I either do a denture or bridges. I chose bridges and I will get it done soon. It's going to cost me a bomb! Anyway, it's better than an implant. Actually a denture is much cheaper but I don't think I like it as it needs to be taken on and off. So troublesome!

Then I went over to the vet's clinic to get my boxer, May, discharged. She has been treated for her sores in the clinic for almost a month. All in I paid RM1750. Such huge fees for a dog! Well, I don't mind as long as she is being treated well. The vet promised to send my dog back to my house later in the evening.

When I went to the shop, it was already 1pm. Did some clerical work and most importantly, I got the Socso, EPF and PCB done. Accordingly, I'm sure I'm going to be penalized for sending the PCB late.

What could be done? I was real busy before the CNY!


Next, I got the vouchers ready to be presented to my 
CNY contest participants and the grand winner.

After I had done my work, I went back home earlier.
I wanted to see May and her conditions.
She's licking away her sores.

Some medications from the vet for May.
Well, it's my turn to take care of her. 
My girl in UK was pestering me to bring her back.
So now I have another burden!
Hope she gets well soon!







Comments

  1. Poor May! I hope she gets better soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you put a cone on her so she can't reach her wound? :( Poor May, I hope she feels better soon so you would have an easier time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow real busy before and during CNY with so many things at office & at home and with friends, contest and personal. Hope May gets well soon btw what is PCB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PCB stands for Potongan Cukai Berjadual (in Bahasa Malaysia) or Schedular Tax Deduction (STD) in English. More info here:

      http://mytaxation.blogspot.com/2009/05/potongan-cukai-berjadual-pcb-schedular.html

      Delete
    2. If your salary is more than RM3K, then you need to pay PCB..

      Delete
  4. May the sores of May heal soon. Is May allowed to lick her sores? will it may it better or worse? What did the vet says?

    RM1750 fees may be a bit steep but it is worth it for a beloved pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dogs usually lick their own wound and guess it's alright..

      Delete
  5. The pictures on your vouchers are very pretty. Where did you get those pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a productive CNY Day 4 that you have! May you enjoy CNY Day 5 till CNY Day 15!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it an option to just leave the gap between your two molars as it is without doing a bridge or dental?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dentist pointed out that my upper molar has come down slightly..

      Delete
  8. fried rice with long beans!! that's another food i love.. OMG, you have been cooking very yummy breakfast recently huh?? haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how nice you have a friend from Kuching (note: not Kucing, haha) came all the way to visit you?? that's great~~

      Delete
    2. yeah, dental fees is always a bomb!! i remember having two tiny holes filled and it cost me RM300!! but sadly to say, they didn't last longer than 2 weeks, and i had to visit another dentist to get that tooth extracted, as it was already cracked into two!!

      Delete
    3. you sure is the busiest taukesoh huh?? you just got so many things to take care of, and yet, you still can blog daily!! i guess you manage your time so perfectly..

      Delete
    4. so is May slowly recovering and getting better?? speedy recovery for your dog, don't mind that RM1750 you've paid, it's life afterall.. :)

      Delete
    5. I don't investing in a good bridges..after all it's for a lifetime..
      Hope May recovers speedily..I don't like to see her sick..

      Delete
  9. I agree with SK, your homecooked always look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading your posts make me know that CNY passed so fast. It is day 5 now.

      Delete
    2. I hope May can get well soon and you can have less job in taking care of her.

      Delete
    3. it's good that CNY has gradually passed..
      no choice, I have to take care of May..

      Delete
  10. you had a busy valentines wenn huh
    thats indeed a lot of things to do huh
    mine had been busy and stressful too

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have teeth problem too and I haven't went
    to a dentist yet honestly never seen a
    dentist ever since haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. poor dog, She's really sick,
    what cause her that?
    well i hope her medication went smooth and
    effective

    ReplyDelete
  13. she has a lot of medicines
    how is she gonna in take those
    anyways it seems just like human medicine
    isnt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but i kinda worried about that syringe
      she might get wild if she got hurt by that
      so be careful ok?

      Delete
    2. we put those medication in her food..
      those syringe is meant to spray the lotion onto her wound..

      Delete
  14. are those voucher price were for those
    ang pow lanterns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, vouchers for all the participants of the CNY contest..

      Delete
  15. have a great and god blessed day wenn
    take care always and happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  16. Speaking of dental check up, I have missed it last year, hmm must go this time, before its too late, hehe.

    RM 1750 is indeed a huge amount for a dog!! Speedy recovery to May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's good to hv regular dental check-up..
      thanks, may is much better now as she can move around..

      Delete
  17. your friend really come pai lin very early wor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uiks your dentist open so early ah...mine here only on 18th baru open

      Delete
    2. glad to hear May have been discharge. Hefty bill but as you have said as long as she is healthy then its worth it

      Delete
    3. yea, nice to have a friend visiting me..
      the dentist is a kaur..
      May has used up quite a small sum of our money..

      Delete
  18. My sister in law also spending quite a bit each time she send her dog to the vets. she is a dog lover, she does the dressing for all her dogs each time they have wounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your simple home cooked food. wish I have got the time to cook a proper meal for my family.

      Delete
    2. yr sis is a dog lover..just like my eldest girl but she's not here to care for May.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog