Historical Malacca

My eldest girl wanted to visit Melaka as she was having her work break. So I just simply goggled for a reasonable hotel, Terra Nova Hotel. It cost RM316 for two nights with a twin-bedded room.

But I had to share my bed with my youngest girl as she wanted to tag along.

On the first day:
Straight to the Jonker Walk.

First thing first: we had to try the chicken rice ball.
Waited in a queue but just for a short while.

Next, we had durian cendol with gula melaka, my favorite.

Then, the nyonya dumpling which was so delicious so much so that we bought some home.

In the evening:
Would you care to queue up for something good? Normally I hate to queue up but this one tempted me. Surprisingly I waited for an hour and finally got to taste the satay celup. But there was nothing to shout about. Anyway, you got to try at least once.

On the second day:
I had the chance to look around as I was not driving.
This mural attracted me.

It's a must-visit historical town of Malacca.

Visited the Eye on Melaka at night.
But we didn't try it as the place was so lonely.


On the third day:
Visited another famous historical place, the A Formosa.
It was ages since the last time I saw it.
Brought back fond memories when I visited it with my 
college mates back then..

 Then we hit the road 
and reached home safely.


Comments

  1. I've been to Melaka twice only and have visited most of the tourist attractions.. Yep the last time I went, I also had chicken rice balls, at Jonker Street :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems it's a tradition to hv chicken rice balls when we are there.

      Delete
  2. it was more than 5 years ago since i last went to Melaka, and wow, there are really a lot of changes especially by the river.. but one thing never change at all, i.e. the queue at the chicken rice shop, hahaha!!

    p/s: i don't really fancy the chicken rice balls, but that cendol is really "to die for" for me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't fancy it too but my girl loves it.
      yes, the cendol is a must have.

      Delete
  3. My friends went the other time, regretted didn't join them go, haiz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people have been visiting Melaka lately. I must go again as there seems to be changes every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..you should and there are many Singaporean there for a holiday.

      Delete
  5. I never get tired of browsing at their antique shops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too..It's a very interesting place to visit.

      Delete
  6. I had been to Malacca so many times that I lost count, love this lovely town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes..a nice place to visit over and over again.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like all 3 of you had a great time in Malacca! I have eaten satay celup (Malacca style) but not in Malacca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a fun good break for us. Satay celup seems so popular there.

      Delete
  8. How is the hotel?

    Sure looked like all of you had so much fun spending time together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of 2017

Angry Birds

Play Quantum Leapfrog